Before- and After-School Care
Southwest Child Care Early Learning Centers are accredited programs that provide care for elementary-aged children before and after school. We transport children to and from a select number of public schools in each of the unique areas around our three locations on small 14 passenger school buses. We were the first in our area to retire the old 18 passenger vans for the safer buses outfitted specifically for transporting school-aged children. We are adamant in our focus on safety.
It is important that your child be fed a nutritious breakfast before school and a snack after. Studies have shown that children who eat a healthy breakfast are more successful in school and are better prepared for the day ahead. All of our meals are made from scratch each day and are served ‘family style’ to ensure that every child is offered adequate nutritious food by our professional in-house cooking staff.
We work hard to accommodate working families by providing care when your child cannot be at their elementary school. We are flexible with the public school schedules by picking up early on early release days and providing care on days the schools are closed. We have a stimulating and age-appropriate curriculum during all public school breaks. We are excited every summer to create a rich and full program that focuses on language, history, physical fitness and exploration while never forgetting the importance of having fun.
At Southwest Child Care and Early Learning Centers
we understand the diverse and unique relationship we
have with your elementary-aged student.
We understand that your child has a rich, full and academically structured day at their public school and needs a relaxed and organized environment before and after. We understand the importance of helping our students get their homework done while allowing them some ‘down’ time. We do not mimic the educational experience of their elementary schools, but instead provide a fun and supportive environment that allows them to explore the need for social interaction under the guidance of trained, caring and professional staff. As an accredited program we provide one staff member, over the age of 18, per every 12 students. We train our staff to facilitate positive behavior in addition to being a good role model.
You can be confident that we will provide:
- A nationally-accredited, 5-star program in the licensed in the state of New Mexico that accommodates the developmental needs of an elementary-aged child
- Staff that have full background checks, are over the age of 18 and receive 30+ hours of continuing education each year
- A 1:12 student to staff ratio
- 14-passenger school buses equipped to transport elementary-aged children
- State-of-the-art front door security system to ensure your child’s safety
- Flexibility with the public school schedule to allow for care on early release days, in-service days and holidays
- Homework time after school to free up family time in the evening
- A nutritious meal before school and a snack after
- An oversized playground with plenty of shade and age-appropriate equipment
- And much more…